It's been so long since our last post, I've been feeling a little daunted in trying to catch up. But we had such sweet visitors on our porch this morning, I decided to jump straight in. It's the beginning of the wet season in Panama and it seems like babies are everywhere. But I've never seen Geoffrey's tamarin babies before. It was Graciela who spotted them first, we think they are about a week old, still with eyes sealed shut.
So amazing! The mom carries them everywhere. We tried to feed her up with lots of banana, but she is now the most timid of the group.
The babies wrap themselves like tight ribbons around her body, and she jumps from tree to tree! We're crossing our fingers that these two little ones survive, we're so excited to watch them grow over time!
That is really amazing!!!! And on your balcony railing!
ReplyDelete