Thursday, March 26, 2020

Moments of Calm

I had another blog post here that I accidentally deleted in a blur of trying to do too many things while being pulled in too many directions at once.... Ironically I think it was talking about moments of calm in the midst of all this storm. I was remembering the sloth tree I kept passing on my morning walks with Coco (sweet little sloth ball, upper left). When walks with Coco were still possible.



Now we have this sweet, resigned bundle. Who actually adapted to the new regime pretty well.


I feel like she's taking our lack of walks much better than I am. At first the government was extremely stringent on the only food and medicine policy (we're allowed to leave the house only to go to the grocery store or pharmacy and only during a 2-hour window specified by the last digit on our passports/national ID cards). They have been arresting people who do not comply, and fines are $50,000 to $100,000 (!). But with lots of backlash over the last days, they seem to be bending a little. Now you're allowed to walk your dog around the perimeter of your property during your 2-hour slot. Still not the lovely long walks by the river that Coco and I used to love. But maybe a middle ground is on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment