We made him a turtle cake (still his all time favorite word, "tortuga!"), and brought it to school to enjoy with the other kids. I had to laugh at this progression in thoughts. Incredulous above.
Then looking to David, questioningly.
Then shy?
Ah hah, blow!
Yayyy, happiness!
But then a little help from family to actually get those candles out.
Simon was the star in school that day, with Damond showing all the kids how to hold up two fingers for Simon's new age.

And he came home with lots of birthday wishes, including these two great drawings from Gwendolyn (who skipped school in Clayton and joined Simon in Gamboa for the occasion). I love the two candled birthday cake. And the different renditions of Gwendolyn and her brother.
Happy birthday, we love you so much little man!!

Simon at his party--so, so cute! And he looks just like David. Gwen's pictures--very wonderful.
ReplyDeleteI agree about the David part - I thought the same thing.
ReplyDeletePS Awesome cake!
ReplyDelete