Monday, January 2, 2012

Hamburgers and Playgrounds


The rest of our Tulsa stay seemed to consist of trips to hamburger joints and playgrounds.
Brownie's - an all time favorite. Perhaps a little known fact - Tulsa is a hamburger mecca. There is even claim that the hamburger was invented here...

To David's delight, Gwendolyn seated herself right at the bar at Brownie's and placed her order herself ("a hamburger and water"). I think true appreciation of the meal was lost on her, however, as she took only one bit of the hamburger (she didn't like the "brown stuff"). She seemed very pleased with the water, though.

David and John also took the kids to countless parks during our short stay.

Here's Simon, ecstatic with his solo swing ride. If you look closely, you can see his first two teeth.

And the two sibs - sometimes at odds, but mostly good friends.

4 comments:

  1. What a great shot of the two kids - plus, I also really love the water one (not sure why, but it makes me smile).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of Simon is amazing! And I'm sure lots of folks have mentioned it, but boy, doesn't he look like "Caleb?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Water! Solo swing! Happy kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, Tulsa's claim is to the first hamburger *on a bun*. See here, here, and here. Oh, and here.
    It's a mecca indeed. Brownie's, Claud's, Ron's, Weber's, Ty's, and more. I recommend: Joe's Burger Search.

    ReplyDelete