Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas - Take One

Chocorua Christmas! Taisie had wonderful stockings prepared for each of us, in the shuffle, I only got a picture of Simon's. But I think the one I loved the most was Tulip's - no letters, just the number 2 and a cutout of some lips. Taisie also baked cinnamon rolls for us that morning, gooey and delicious. There was some concern about the rising of the dough the night before (a phone call to Sam to verify the recipe) - which meant we got two batches, not one - they were all delicious and because there were so many, they lasted a wonderfully long time.



And then long-awaited opening of the presents. Rob arrived early in the morning, laden with good foods, presents, and his cello - emerging through the morning snow in his large brown coat like some kind of Uncle Christmas apparition.



Simy, cozy on his grandmother's lap.


Pouring over Christmas presents - catching cat naps to make up for lost sleep.
And then, all too soon, our Chocorua visit came to an end. A wonderful, wintery dream. Thank you, Toby and Taisie!


No comments:

Post a Comment