Saturday, March 7, 2009

Cornucopia!

The Wren is progressing by leaps and bounds! Her pretzel discovery opened the door, and suddenly anything is fair game.


Last night I put a grape on her high chair tray. I left the room for a moment, and when I came back she had reached the bowl on the table and taken the whole bunch in her mouth!

She steadily ate her way down the bunch, mostly just making tiny teeth marks, but mushing and swallowing several full grapes along the way.

We tried her later with pasta, she liked that too. It's so fun to see how much she enjoys this. Milk is still the biggest component of her diet by far, which is nice for all of us. But it's great to see her so happy in her new discovery. Welcome, little one, to the world of food!

2 comments:

  1. I KNEW she'd come to love solid food! Maybe it's the German ambience that made pretzels such a hit.
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her eyes and mouth are just the same size and shape of the grapes! I love her!

    ReplyDelete